Old 09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
spartan quilter

Default This is what keeps me away from my DJ, a watercolor bargello, plaid/flannel etc LOL

Some time back, a friend gave me several tubs of material, some cut into different size squares, with a lot of them being 2 1/2 inch squares, a lot of pieces of fabric and other misc. So, I have been busy making tops.
This first one I used the 2 1/2 inch squares and did post the beginning of it, a few weeks back. Here is the completed top, now to batt and back it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365114[/ATTACH]
This next one is made with plaids and flannel squares, most of which came out of the tubs that I received, and will go to my son-in-law for Christmas. It will be backed with a plaid fleece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365115[/ATTACH]
Then, last night, I thought that I should look through the tubs again, just to remind myself what was in them. You know, senior moment thing, and I found 4 blocks of a poinsettia print. I found some dark red fabric with white poinsettias on it and so, I made this top today. All of this fabric came from the friend also. Needless to say, I have barely made a dent in the stash. I did have a little problem, because the original squares were not square. They were 22x23, so I had to keep trimming off, as I added the borders on. But I am happy with the results, and others will be, also, I hope.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365119[/ATTACH]
That is the end of my quilt show, and I really need to get them done, because lefsa frying time is quickly approaching, and the family is getting hungry for it. Have a great week everyone.
Attached Thumbnails 9-2012-dean-quilts-001.jpg   9-2012-dean-quilt-002.jpg   9-2012-poinsetta-quilts-003.jpg  

Last edited by spartan quilter; 09-23-2012 at 07:01 PM.