Old 09-23-2012, 08:33 PM
nurseknitsLaura

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
Miriam...your GKs remind me of my helpers "back in the day" when I made wedding cakes, catered and did flowers. Mostly, they just licked the icing bowls but one wedding cake had a single little person's finger swipe in the icing (which I repaired,, of course). Both my daughter and I thought that we had the cake out of little hand's reach. That DGD is now almost 27 and PG. Wonder if she or my daughter will share the story with the child when she gets7 years old or so. I know that they both remember it because it came up each time one of us made a cake when we were all together. Enjoy these days with your young helpers, they (kids and the days) are so precious and it won't be long until they start making you a Great Grandmother. Of course, we already know that you are "great".

Laura, I'll take a machine like yours, please, but with orange (fruit not color) blossoms. You are soooo clever. I still don't know what a TOGA is.

Charlee, keep getting better but don't overdo. Take time to rest when you get weary.

Melinda, what a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing with us.
Likewise, Melinda. Gma wantet her to have that quilt. A TOGA is a Treadleon Gathering and Academy - a potluck of member's of the Treadlon list and anyone else who likes people powered sewing machines.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on my fake badge machine. Next time I make one, I'll photograph the steps! Laura