View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 03:33 AM
debcavan
Power Poster

Cindy Needham, Design It Quilt It, is what I just took. She broke things down to simple. She took the big area and cut it down to a portion so the process of a wholecloth was not overwhelming. It gives the information a beginner needs but it was also so helpful to me. It stretched me, made me think simpler, made me ignore the quilting police. She is not doing complicated quilting designs. She is doing a simple design, repeated and then it looks complicated. She not only goes through designs but background fills, easy ones that look stunning. I didn't use so much of what she taught on this quilt. I am a little bit at a time person.

She was easy to listen to, just broke everything down into small manageable pieces. These complicated looking pieces were a simple design, repeated and made to look stunning. Boy did she have the samples. She must have been quilting for months before the program. She did not just tell you something, she would show a sample, break it into it's small part, draw it and then stitch it. She made it simple and kept the stitching easy.

I was really happy with the class and that is putting it so mildly. I am a math mind, not an artist, so if you give me a good foundation, I can run with it and make it my own.