View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 AM
DogHouseMom

The other day somone posted a thread on the board about not being able to sleep because she had fabrics and patterns running through her head. I have that problem sometimes too ... sometimes it's just mindless "brain can't stop" seeing of patterns that are not constructive in any way and just prevent me from sleeping, but other times I have an epiphony. Last night was one of them.

Saturday I started working on one of your blocks (won't say which), struggled all day with the color combination, and finally came up with what I thought would work and finished the block Saturday night. Sunday morning I was about to fold it to prepare for mailing and I looked at it again and I just plain did not like the color choices I made. It was too washed out, not enough contrast ... blah. So again I dug around in my stash and went back to the first fabric I had originall chosen (and rejected), tore the block apart and re-made it with the different fabric. It was still kind of blah looking, lacking *something*. Not being 100% comfortable with it I left it sitting on my cutting table instead of getting it ready to mail.

Laying in bed last night I had an epiphony!!

Pretty excite, going to go home tonight and cut it out and audition my idea and see if that finally does what I want it to do!!!

Don't you love those semi-conscious almost got to sleep but had an "aha!" moment?!?!?