Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Just have to put my three cents in here. How come everyone can assassinate a smoker but no one says anything to someone who drinks too much or eats way too much and is fat? That can kill you, too. I always wondered why everyone picks on smokers only. I can't stand drunks and very obese people. Does that mean that I can make fun of them? Kind of like you all are making fun of this woman and her addiction? What about the drug addicts? Can I make fun of them? Laugh at them?
First of all, you are making generalizations. Not everyone here is making fun of this woman and her addiction (which, may I point out, she CHOSE). Second of all, in MY opinion, people can do whatever the hell they want to themselves until their problem becomes my problem. Then they have to take responsibility for fixing the damage they've caused. In this case, her problem of smoking in bed becomes my problem of fixing the quilt, if I chose to do so. If she was an obese person who kept getting Cheetos stains on the quilt, my answer would be the same.