View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by JustJeanne View Post
Some Pictures, [ATTACH=CONFIG]364997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]364998[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]364999[/ATTACH]lots more pics of parts, etc. can't find a knee or foot pedal anywhere either. Sure is a Cool Looking sewing machine tho called a local sewing machine repair guy and he said it probably isn't worth refurbishing it, he said over $100.00 just to get it in running order
HELP!!! NONONONO!!! Don't listen to him! I have a Necchi group on Yahoo and the BU Nova is a wonderful machine!!! And you can "fix" it yourself!! Come join our group and we have lots of info on cleaning and fixing them and also manuals you can download free. The vintage Necchis were machined with such close tolerances that they tend to freeze up if not used and kept oiled. If you want to post pics of the stuff that came with it or send them to me off the board, I can help with what they are. The Supernovas are great too, like the one quiltingweb shows above. Hers is a BU SN and the first in a line of SN's. I have a Supernova Ultra, the next one up, that I bought new in 1959 and she's my main machine--beautiful pink/cream! And has all the cams to do dec stitches.

Chances are very good that there is nothing wrong with yours except that it needs cleaning and oiling. It doesn't use cams but there are dec stitches you can do with just the zz function, as shown in the manual. These are wonderful for quilting and good, strong heavy machines. A lot of the fuzzy ebay sellers tout them as "industrial strength" to get big bucks...they are NOT industrial at all, just wonderful domestic machines. I have a BU Nova that I'm getting ready to sell....still need to do some loosening up. Our group is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/necchisewingmachineclub/

I don't say much about the list and notice that Necchis are not mentioned much in the Vintage Machine forum but they are really wonderful. Most can be treadled and many like to use them for FM quilting, especially the straight stitch/BF models. You are so lucky! That's a gorgeous machine! It looks like it needs a new bobbin tire and most will fit it, just a standard one like on the old Singers. I'm sorry to go off on you but I get really passionate about the viintage Necchi models!!!