View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM
cindyw

Default Happy pink & green quilt top

I've had this fabric awhile (after I finished the top I found a receipt from 2008) and I finally picked a pattern and just used it all up. The piano key border is made from the leftover strips.

I ran across a photo of a quilt on a blog that I really liked and googled it to see if I could find a pattern. It turns out that the quilt was created to showcase a fabric line using a charm pack and jelly roll. The fabric I wanted to use was half yard pieces and it turned out to be the perfect amount of fabric. I had everything in my stash except the lt green border. Here's the video if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rdX1Gr9esI

I had a hair appointment Saturday and took the top to show the ladies and one of them wants to buy it. I haven't given her a price because I didn't know how to price it. I looked on etsy and quite a few of the twin size were in the $300 range although mine is a little larger than most of them that I looked at (mine is 74x84). So I'll probably price it around $325 - $350. I'm sure the LA quilter will charge $100 +/- to quilt it.