View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default Look What Dear Husband Made To Help Me

Here is a few of the items that my dear husband has made to help me with my quilting, craft and embroidery work. First, I am always looking for ways to organize my collection of "stuff". I use a lot of ribbon and trim when I am making pin cushions. Here is what he designed. There are two dowels going from end to end that are removable for replacing the spool or adding one to the rack.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365304[/ATTACH]

I was doing a lot of embroidery work on quilt squares. I have a difficult time sitting still. I have to be doing something with my hands so I was taking it in the car with me. He made this hoop for me to set between my legs. The weight of my legs secures the hoop stand in place. The hoop is also adjustable as to the angle. I like it a lot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365309[/ATTACH]

This is a large hoop that I use when I am hand quilting or embroidering. He saw one that a friend of mine had so he made me one. We put a thick padding on the base and it lets me use the base as a pin cushion. I also tie a small pair of thread snips around the leg with a piece of ribbon. I just sit it on my lap and start to work. He is so handy. It is great to have a handy man around the house. He also makes all my templates out of plexiglas and keeps my scissors sharpened and my machine in good repair. And, that wasn't even in my wedding vows. LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365329[/ATTACH]

And, I'm sorry ladies, I don't rent him out and he is definitely not for sale.
Attached Thumbnails ribbon-rack-made-sharon.jpg   emboidery-hoop.jpg   lap-hoop.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 09-24-2012 at 02:45 PM.