Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
luna123

Hi Everybody, my name is Julia and my daughter Catherine and I collect and restore vintage sewing machines as an all consuming 'hobby'. We live in New Zealand. So far to date we have 2 singer 66 treadles (one is a red eye 1922), a singer 201 treadle 1960 , a crescent special treadle 1880 , these all go by the way. A Riccar with a burnt out motor which is now a franken treadle so now we have a zig zag treadle. Three featherweights, a Wertheim treadle dated 1870 which just needs a new needle to make it go, a singer 306K 1953 which goes really well, a New Home handcrank which belongs to my four year old grand daughter Acacia, a Necchi which I pick up tomorrow, two swiss made Berninas and two overlockers (not that these really count as they are too modern for our taste),

And todays little 'project', a Monarch Special which is British made, has a non working motor and is pretty seized together and will need a bullet shuttle. The attack of WD40 has now been commenced so we will see how long this little beauty takes!!!!!!!!!!