View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:45 AM
romanojg

I have two dogs; my little American Eskimo will eat anything, dog food, veggies you name it. My Akita, is finicky, I have to change his food because he gets bored with it and won't eat. When he gets this way I mix our food or some times just chicken or beef broth with his food and he'll gobble it down. I have to be careful with him because he's already had bloat and came close to dying so he has to have smaller portions which doesn't make him happy. He doesn't care for veggies but if the carrots/potatoes or even celery has been cooked in the stew and absorbed the flavors he'll eat it. But if its not cooked; forget about it. He can take a sub and have all the veggies left to one side like he took them off. Thank goodness any veggies he leaves in his bowl the little one gobbles up. I was raised in the country and we rarely ever bought dog food; that's what the left overs were for. I also give my dogs vitamins; that helps especially the Akita because he's getting up there in age and the ones I get help his skin, fur and his joints.