Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
Hi Monica, I checked out your blog today, and WOW! I love your new denim circle quilt! I really like the red denim in there. You sure are quick, that is a lot of work! It is just beautiful.
Anamaria
Thank you Anamaria!

Cathy gave me boxes of jeans. In one of the boxes was a large red denim jacket. I was able to get just enough red circles from that jacket for this quilt. This is my second denim quilt. For this quilt, I didn't add batting since the jean material alone is heavy once it is all sewn together. These quilts go together quickly since no basting is needed, or batting. It's a sew as you go type quilt. I used my Singer 224 for the decorative stitching, the Singer 201 for sewing the circle together in rows, and Davis NVF for binding. Cutting the circles could go faster with one of those rotary circle cutters. I should look into purchasing one since I still have four large boxes of jeans that I plan to sew into quilts. These quilts are great for hammocks, picnics, soccer moms, tailgate parties. I'm interested in making a drunkard path quilt design with light and dark jean material; that is still in the planning stages.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!