View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
quiltlady1941

Again Thanks to all of the ladies for your advice on this problem....I tried the salt and vingar and two color catcher and the catcher can out a dark turqouise so I know that the vingar and salt didn't work...
Neesie wow 10 washes and it still was bleeding. I'm up to 6 washes so far and still bleeding, yes I agree with you about not giving someone a quilt they have to worry about..

Majormom, I have used color catchers in all the washes and it is a top loading machine, I'm also wondering if it is the falut of the company or just this dark color. So far JoAnn's is giving me a hard time, I guess I will go in again and talk to someone higher up and see if they will refund or give me another color ..that was 10 yards of fabric!
Katenanna...I did iron the fabric after the first wash and then got to thinking I better wash and check again to see if it would bleed...
rush8888...oh boy now the bad part I misplaced the receipt for the fabric...not a good thing,,I did put it on my change card so I have that it shows what I spent that day but not what... so this may be a big problem,,,

I think I will go and look for some other fabric for the back and it will be a lighter color and not turqouise..

I'm not sure where to buy retayne or synthrapol and do I use the retayne first and them the synthrapol? I think I will go to the quilt shop and talk to them and see if they have this stuff..what a pain this has been..

if all else fails I will use the bleeding fabric for one of my wagon wheel rugs that I make so it will not go to waste but it just makes me disappointed that I have had so much trouble getting this quilt done,

A big Hug and a big Thank you for all of your advice...