Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM
oma66

Originally Posted by oma66 View Post
No secret, but here is the way I attach all my sashings and cornerstones. the first photo shows how patterns and directions usually tell us to attach the sashing and corner stones, but photo 2 shows how I do it. I saw it on the internet long ago and used this technique since. It shows 4 blocks being made and you will notice that the last blocks has the inside and outside sashing and corner stone. Add sashing and cornerstones to the bottom of the first row, before adding the second row. Next the 4 blocks are sewn together in a row.

The second row and all remaining rows has the sashing and corner stones added to the bottom of the block and the sides and those blocks sewn together in a row. When all the rows are made, then just sew the rows together. I always put my quilt on graft paper and hang that on my design wall to keep checking it as I sew, but it really is very easy and fast and accurate as well. Hope you try it for yourself.
I forgot to add that you also add the sashing and corner stones to the bottom of the first row as well, so I have corrected that above. It is always great to learn shortcuts that help with the making of our quilts.