View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 PM
batikmystique

Peg is right...he will love it! Flannel is a great choice as it is very durable. Soldiers always appreciate having anything that reminds them of home when they are deployed. My husband (retired now) was deployed to Iraq twice for 18 months each time. I made him a lap quilt and sent it to him just so he would always be reminded that he was in our thoughts and prayers. Our oldest son is now in the Army as well and he is presently stationed in Okinawa. I am sending him a lap quilt, also. It was mentioned about not using much camo print fabric...I agree. Practically everything issued to them is camo and they so appreciate getting things that do not utilize the camo prints. Please tell your son "thank you" for his service to our country!

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
TYour quilt is very nice and will be appreciated very much. My son was deployed to Afghanistan and said he really liked the warmth of the quilt because where he was stationed it was really cold in the winter. In my opinion the label should say how proud the parents are of their son and thank him for protecting our country.