Thread: Autumn is Here!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Edie

Oh my Golly! It is 5:19 AM and there is snow on the ground! Arrrrgggghhh! Good thing we got the grass seed down the other day. Now I have a perfect excuse to sit and sew ALL day long! I was starting a quilt for my husband and me, but then remembered our son's best friend and wife are having a baby in December, so I will make one! Nine twelve inch blocks with sashing and a border, hand quilt and tie. I have all the ingredients right here in my sash. My last three quilts are being done with my stash. Use 'em up and buy some more. I love buying fat and flat quarters. I have only made one quilt by strict pattern. All the rest of them each square in the blocks mean something. Which is why I write a book with each quilt so whoever or is it whomever gets the quilt knows the true method of my madness.

Going out in a little while to have coffee with the sister from Danbury, Wisc who is a fantastic quilter. She does her own designing. Actually, right now she is making curtains out of "Chinese Coin" that she made completely by hand - No machine! She doesn't like to work with a machine. She likes to have her little cookie tin (the kind that the Danish Cookies come in) and take it wherever she goes - she says her hands are more portable than a sewing machine.

So just to let you know what St. Paul is doing right now - IT'S SNOWING!! Edie