Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
For those that try to upload photos on this forums system here's some tips.

A: Reduce the size of the pic to 640x480. Much easier to download and much easier to look at. When they come up they fill the screen but you don't have to use the scroll bar and scroll back and forth and up and down to see the monster pic.

B: Do them one at a time.

C: Forget it and use an off site photo storage site such as Photobucket. { http://photobucket.com/ }
I have hundreds of pictures stored there and can access them at a moments notice. All I do is put the url link for the pic in my text and it opens as a picture on this and 9,000,000,000 other forums.
And, they are my photos and if I want to delete them from this forum which won't let me do so after 20 minutes all I have to do is go to Photobucket and delete that pic.

D: Getting a Photobucket account is easy, fairly quick and best of all, free. You can do albums, slide shows, and there is a photo processing feature in there too. Although I've never used it because I always reduce the size of my pics to 640x480 or 800x600 before downloading them to Photobucket. Much faster uploading to PB that way, and again it's much easier for those who read the forums to see the pics.

Joe
Joe, I agree that everyone needs to re-size their photos before loading here! But, I just have a folder labeled sewing machine photos, quilt photos, etc., on my hard drive. It is really easy to just go to that folder when I want to upload a photo to this site. I have never had a problem, and I don't have Photo Bucket either. I also agree with Joe to load only one photo at a time here. I always have problems when I try to load more!

Laura, when you get the message 'text is too short" or whatever it actually says - I don't remember what the exact message is - it usually means you are in the middle of the text you are doing a 'reply' to. I have had that happen too. When you get that message just scroll down and you will see that you are probably trying to insert your message in the middle somewhere of the 'quote' you are replying to. If you just delete your text, go to the very end of the quoted text, post your reply after the quoted text, you won't see that message come up.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 09-26-2012 at 06:07 AM.