Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Deborahlees

Default My Latest Finished Quilt, Twisted Pinwheels

This silly quilt was a true labor of love. Started by one of my quilting buddies, who got disenchanted with the project and put it away. When I asked her is she had a Twisted Pinwheel Template (She has everything) she said yes and a started project. I agreed to finish it for her as a Charity Quilt. This pattern is a little different from others I have seen here on the board. Every other block is a tone on tone white, which I think really makes the pinwheels stand out. I had a tough time with the assembly of this one as I had no pattern instructions and didn't pay attention when I was cutting out the pieces. Ended up with like a 500 piece puzzle, that took me a week to assemble back together. The blocks were cut 6" and the 'homemade' template was 4-1/4". This was all FMQ, with lazy daisy designs in each pinwheel. The borders were done with a FM vine design. Took me a week to FMQ. Note that the binding is with a flange, that I learned out here on the board, was very easy to do, and I think added to the quilt. This quilt went to a local church for their "Prayers and Squares" program.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365733[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]365735[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_6474.jpg   100_6478.jpg   100_6476.jpg