Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 AM
QultingaddictUK

Default Pets Food, I was told this last night and I would like your opinion

Muffin, my little terrorist has been causing me some concern this year and it is to do with her appetite! Her appetite and quest for food has doubled, if not trebled this year. No sooner has she had her dinner, which she bolts down without a breath she is looking for more, and when I put her small handful of Bakers dried food down she eats that too. She never used to do this, her bowl of dried food would sit for a day or two before she would bother with it and she seemed more than satisfied after having her evening meal which consisted of a handful of wholemeal "meal" biscuit and a150 gr tray of dog food. This has concerned me so much that I even wormed her last week just in case that was the cause, it wasn't!

A quilting colleague told me that ALL supermarkets own brands of dog food are liberally dosed with an appetite stimulant so that the dog finishes them off in trice making YOU think she loves it, but really she is just feeling hungry! I have Google this subject and evidently most supermarket foods, including human foods, especially children's, are laced with appetite stimulants to sell more. I AM HORRIFIED.

I have just been to our local Pet store and bought a well known brand for Muffin and will see if her appetite returns to normal, I will keep you posted on the results but any comments from you would be so appreciated not only by me but I am sure by all of the Fur-baby lovers on the board.

BTW if she does not improve I will make my own food for her and here is a link for some really good recipes: http://www.collienet.com/Home-made-d...d-recipes.html The reason I am not doing it at present is my health has not been 100% lately but if needs be needs must.

Off my soap box now

Last edited by QultingaddictUK; 09-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.