Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM
MattieMae

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK View Post
A quilting colleague told me that ALL supermarkets own brands of dog food are liberally dosed with an appetite stimulant so that the dog finishes them off in trice making YOU think she loves it, but really she is just feeling hungry! I have Google this subject and evidently most supermarket foods, including human foods, especially children's, are laced with appetite stimulants to sell more. I AM HORRIFIED
I don't know if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me. A couple of months ago PBS World ran a show about how the taste and smell of certain fruits and nuts were being cloned in labs, modified and added to other food products. The reporter asked the scientist if this could make some food more appealing and even addictive. Her response was "yes" then she quickly clarified it with "I'd say definitely more appealing."

A book I read by David Kessler called "End of Overeating" claimed that certain combinations of fat, sugar, and salt can cause brain circuitry to be hijacked. Must be true, cause I couldn't stop munching on my honey mustard pretzel niblets while reading it. ~