Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Deborahlees

Originally Posted by evelyn5269 View Post
We had our first hot air baloon festival here in little "ole" Sequim WA this month and some of those same balloons were here. I recognize them and have pictures of all of them that we here we had 12 in all 3 of which were big bees. I am having same problem with the twister, i sew the squares together, cut them out but none of the pinwheels have 4 matching sections. looks like a paint ball contest. There must be a way to lay the colors out before sewing the original squares together so when cut out they will all fit together each making a full pinwheel of its own color. If you ever found help or there is a book or diagram I can purchase, please let me know
Thanks,
Evelyn
PS mine is for a xmas stocking I bought the pattern from Bean Counter and it is just adorable even with irratic fabric positioning
I finally figured out my pieces, here is the finished quilt.....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t201571.html

Are you sewing ALL your pieces together at once.....

You sew a simple larger than needed quilt of blocks.....I believe they say it will reduce in size 30%
then you start to cut your twister pieces. Do one row at a time, I started left to right....was finding that I
was over cutting into the next block so I used a pencil first and marked my cutting lines so I didn't over-cut from one block into another. If you have a planning board this is a perfect time to use it, cut your first put it on the board
cut the next, and the next....when you are done with first row, then start the second row..... (I didn't do this just cut and stacked and whatever...big mistake)....It was a huge learning curve for me, but I did it....if you need more help PLEASE....PM me and I will help you any way I can....it is way fun once you figure it out !!!!!