Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, if I can help, let me know as I've rebuilt two Vikings. They're not easy machines to repair,so I hope you have a minor problem. Great machines and I think you'll like it!
Thank you Candace!

Sharon I like your new Avator photo of yourself! Nice!

Now as far as my new Viking 6010 goes - it sews perfectly! I paid $35 for the machine and the 4 cams A, B,C, & D, along with a really nice blue case. It had no extra feet, attachments, and only 1 bobbin. It looks like an "L" type bobbin? Candace, Pat, Cathy? Anyway, it was frozen so we took it apart (DH and I) today as much as we could. Those darn things are cast in one piece! We could only get the free arm part apart, take the HW off and go in from the back! How do you get into those machines Candace? Ok back to my machine, after taking it apart and oiling everything we could get to we were able to turn the HW slowly. We kept working and working it until it would turn pretty easily. The machine was not dirty, not cruded up, just extremely dry! Well, DH went and got his drill, plugged the drill in - connected it to the HW bar and started the drill. The machine turned smoothly and sewed like crazy. He did that for a while, while I oiled some more then we put the machine back together, plugged it in, and pressed on the foot pedal. It sews perfectly, quietly, smoothly! It was just very very dry!

I wouldn't recommend trying this on your own - we could have ruined this machine if it had been gummed up or something, but we could tell there was nothing broken, all the belts (3 of them) were in great shape!

Nancy

Last edited by patricej; 09-27-2012 at 12:20 PM.