View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM
kiffie2413

Default Football shaped blanket...

Hi all,
My daughter-in-law (she and son married this past July) came to me with a picture of a football blanket she wanted "help" making for my son...I found a website with a pattern for a baby size blanket, and I based son's on it...mind you enlarging the scale of it for a 6' 3" man was quite fun...lol...I think all in all it turned out pretty great, considering prior to this I had never sewn with minky fabric...and that my dear dil has never sewn period .. The back of it is cotton fabric, we considered using fleece but were afraid it may be too hot...after stitching it I am so glad we went with the cotton...It is 91" from tip to tip...so plenty long enough for my son; and actually larger than needed...but dil figured she had paid for the fabric, and it may as well get used! When dil gave it to him he loved it, and hoped it would bring luck to his and his dad's beloved Packers...as we all know THAT is another story....
I am going to put a link to the site where I got the baby sized pattern, as I want to give the lady full credit for the original idea...
http://www.happytogethercreates.com/...tern-free.html
Regards,
Kif
Attached Thumbnails 006.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-26-2012 at 05:59 PM.