Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
I've used other message boards like this and each person, instead of "hijacking" a group thread, was encouraged to start their own, so, not knowing the history of this board, I did just that...started my own thread, and then when I had a question, I would post that as well.

I usually start with this thread, the pictures, the giggles...then I go to my subscribed threads. That's where I put any thread that I've commented on or one that I have a particular interest in. It can be time consuming, but I always find it informative and appreciate the wealth of information here. Thanks everyone!

Barb
Hi Barb,

"hijacking", another term to learn. Well when Billy started this thread, he stated it was open to discussion of multiple subjects, from vintage machines to food. I'm guilty of chatting about subjects other than vintage machines.

What I enjoy about this site is that an attachment of a photo can be uploaded with a post, so that one reads post and immediately sees the subject matter, vintage sewing machine or quilt. It just makes the sharing more personal, easier to answer questions with a photo, and rewarding to all readers.

All are welcome here!

We do our best to try to answer all questions. And if we can't, we try to direct one asking questions to another site that could be of help.