Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Lv2sew2011

I know how you all feel, here in Oklahoma when Timothy McVeigh bomb the federal building, was to close for comfort, if I had waited 4 days to go to my bank I could of well just as been in that building when it went down because our bank was in that building, and not only that at that time my husband was on recruiting duty for the USMC and there region headquarters was in that building and my husband was in and out of that building often, but it just so happen that the Marine Corps sent my husband to Virgina for some schooling and he was out of the state we lost two Marines that day and a lot of them were injured......
It really hurt to know it was one of our own Americans that brought it down that day, it's hard to believe that he took that building down that day knowing there were children in that building. Just so sad!
Donna

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Krystyna, that is a very moving story about your seeing the towers fall. Something like that changes your outlook forever. It effected me that way too. Our daughter was on a bus on the way to the World Trade Center for a field trip. If those attacks had happened one hour later, she would have been there. A lot of the people in our area lost loved ones. (We lived near NYC back then)

I like the pumpkinny / jack-o-lantern / adorable children dressed up & trick or treating part of Halloween. We even dress up one of our dogs becasue it always makes the kids who come to the door laugh. Don't like the gory and macabre part. But that's just me.

Okay, i'm caving in here. Sign me up please, but maybe pair me with someone who would like a more Autumn themed type quilt. i'll PM you.