View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:12 AM
maviskw

I once found 4 quilt tops at a dime and dollar store. I offered to take them home and finish them up. They wanted me to pay for them, but I said No, I would just like to finish the quilts so you can sell them. They let me take them home, and I had them back a few months later.

Just last year, we had a member pass away whose family donated all his fabric. Truck loads! After offering the fabric for about 6 months to the club members and then at the quilt show (we sold tons of it there for very cheap), it was heading for the dumpster. I said, "Oh, no. I'll find a home for it." There were about three boxes left. I found fabric to use for cat pillows, wheel chair and walker bags, upholstery, and a set of 20 beautiful blocks made by 20 different people. They had their names embroidered or written in pen on all the blocks. One had embroidered "1989" in here block. There was even extra fabric to match what each member had in their block. I was going to put them together with sashing, but they fit together so nicely without; squares with light outsides fit next to squares with dark outsides. I knew one person whose name was on a square, so I asked her about it. Now I found out who all these people are. Only one has passed away. I'm keeping this one. After all, if one of the makers has a grandson who becomes president or something, think how valuable it will be! ! ! ! LOL