Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Default The Fair Results ... more than overwhelmed!! :)

The last two weekends I took my FWS quilt, Monty and a few other things to two different Fairs. I was more than pleased and excited ... somewhat overwhelmed .... can you say state of shock?

Both were excellent shows, with many quality entries. At the first only the winners get hung fully, at the 2nd one, all are hung and with an abundance of entries, a few get folded, only because they run out of hanging space.

My FWS, placed first (red ribbons in Canada!) at both Fairs as well as at a June Fair in the "pieced quilt, machine quilted" category. When I went in last Thursday night to check the results, I could see it hanging in the place of honour, but thought they must have changed those positionings. As I got closer, I could see that fancy ribbon .... Grand Champion of all Machine Quilted entries. I stood there in disbelief and at a loss for words ... the tears came ... and can you imagine my big grin all weekend? That white/green card also signifies that it will represent the Fair at the district Fair competition where all Grands come together. I'm still in a state of unbelief!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365885[/ATTACH]

Many of you have followed Monty in his development and recruitment to the RCMP. We now have a twice decorated Mountie, with red stripes garnered at both Fairs. He was also invited to go to the Provincial Convention in February, where they showcase unique entries from across the province to help stimulate new class ideas at Fairs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365894[/ATTACH]

Red Ribbons (firsts) were also received for my BCS Mystery in "non-quilted quilt top" class, and for a "mounted quilt block, labelled"

Needless to say, I am still smiling ....... and overwhelmed!
Attached Thumbnails gne2012-fwsfull.jpg   intlpatriotic-008.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 09-27-2012 at 05:18 AM.