Old 09-27-2012, 05:36 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Default Swiss Granny_59 impresses Canadian Judges with her "amazing" work!!!

Last winter I was surprised when I went to the Post Office one day, and found a parcel from Granny_59. When I came home and opened it, I was more than shocked that she had parted with this beautiful and incredible mini Many of you will remember it when she showed it hanging from an elephant while she was in Sri Lanka.

When I was gathering entries for the Fair this past weekend, I decided it absolutely HAD to go ... and took it along, entering it in her name, and country!

Needless to say, the Judges were wowed!!!! The back of the entry tag had a note "Amazing!!!" BTW our Judges never tend to go out of their way to say "well done" as notes tend to be constructive criticism to help entrants do a better job. So, a note like this really says how much they were taken by her work! ... we already knew that, didn't we?

There was more chatter about this little quilt with all the tiny pieces and all that quilting and unbelievable work(wo)manship ... than anything else at the Fair. I soaked it up, and tried to relay all that to Granny_59 via email. It made me all the more thrilled to have been given the honour to own this piece of work!

The quilt is called ... "Ayubovan" ... and I'll let Granny_59 tell you more of that story!
And saving the best part til last ... the photo!!!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365898[/ATTACH]
And yes ... all those red lines are a mere 1/4" in size ... and the blades of the dresden plates are only 3/4"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, Granny_59 ... I am your rotten, sneaky, terrible friend!!!!!!! ..... SMILE away!
Attached Thumbnails gne2012-ayubovan.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-26-2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: remove affiliated link