Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 AM
jennb

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Didn't find much in the way of sewing stuff on my weekend in the big city, just a 66 that stayed where it was. A little too rich for my blood at the thrift store. But, I did get a picture because it was a blackside machine. Someone had stripped off the motor, and the case had been painted over or something. I did pick up a couple of queen sized bedskirts cheap (yay!) and went a little crazy at Quilter's Stash in Hurst. Nice guy taking care of the store, chatty and friendly atmosphere.
I used to live around the corner from that store. Leo took over the store when the owner passed away a couple of years ago. Leo was his partner, though I didn't know that at the time. I've been going there since it first opened nearly 10 years ago. Leo mainly runs the new store in Southlake now, and the other guy (I think his name is Ken) mainly manages the Hurst store. I have never met a more talented guy at fabric selection than Leo. I often go in there when I'm picking fabrics for mystery projects or if I'm stumped and he always finds me beautiful combinations. They love to ooh and aah over people's projects too. Now that they have the second store in Southlake they have a better selection of stuff. Most of their fabrics are completely different from one shop to the other, but Leo has a rule of ordering ALL the fabrics in a line or none at all, which I kinda like because that means that you'll be able to get all the fabrics instead of hen picking them. They are hopefully going to be carrying my designs exclusively in the DFW area soon. Right now we only have them in my mom's LQS in Colorado.

Oh...and whatever you do don't mention the people next door to them. Apparently they hate each other lol! MAJOR rivalry...i'm not a fan of their neighbor either, even though they're the local dealer for my new modern machines.