View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok I will try again this am to load my latest project. This is a Twister Christmas quilt. Most of the piecing was done on my FW or 301, at home I used my Singer 319 in treadle. I haven't quilted, or bound it yet.

This is a two part quilt. The first part using the 5" squares had to be made into a quilt top. Then I had to cut the whole thing up - row by row - using a Twister ruler. Each row had to be carefully placed in the order it was cut up - sewn together so nothing got out of place to make a second quilt top that has the twister pin wheel look. I am not sure I'd want to do one again - unless it was much smaller. Making a quilt top, cutting it up, re-assembling it is a little crazy![ATTACH=CONFIG]365888[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365889[/ATTACH]
Nancy, I love your Christmas tree twister!

I too have used the twister ruler for a Christmas theme quilt, but mine wasn't of a tree. I agree with you that it is a lot of work assembling, cutting, and reassembling with a lot of waste. I did use the smaller ruler for some of the waste to make small twisters. Seeing your pretty quilt makes me want to do a wall size quilt. I have seen the cute Halloween theme, pumpkins, wall quilts done with the twister. I might give that a try. Although, it may not get done in time for this year's Halloween.