Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
granny_59

It was more than great to enter it...........behind my back! lol

I just wanted to tell you that QuiltE did much more than going to the post office last winter. I had asked on this board for somebody to proofread the english text on our page about Sri Lanka.
(BTW if you go to srilankahelp.com you get to the english text. At .ch you have to click on the United Kingdom flag.)

QuiltE did such an outstanding job and went to any length to be helpfull. Her work was far beyond just proofreading and she must have spend innumerous hours and days to do this.............as a volunteer!! We would not have been able to pay for such professional work in any way.
Thats how the little quilt got all the way to Canada. As QuiltE did so much for Sri Lanka, I thought she must have it as I had quilting it there and I still consider it a small bayback for what she did for us.

To enter it in my name was about the nicest thing I can think of and I cant express what it means to me! Winning a ribbon was not on my list - not even in my wildest dreams. There is no such thing around here and I even gave up telling family and friends about it. All this: "whats that.....?" is rather depressing and therefore all this feedback on this board means the world to me.

Thank you to the board to find so many special people and such an outstanding friend like you, QuiltE

A once again teary swiss Granny