View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Delilah

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
The differences between the Hunter & Orion are minute. Hunter has a smaller star in the corners, I think.
The pattern I used is a Thangle project that I picked up a few years ago. It's been in my bucket list bin for a long time just waiting for the right cloth to come along. It ONLY took 640 2" HST to make this. Thought I'd never get them done! It's a Queen size, & took what seemed like forever to get it all pieced, but the quilting went really fast.
Sorry to differ but there is a lot of difference between Orion and Hunter's. Orion is a pattern by Eleanor Burns, named after her son and is a combination of the Log Cabin and a standard star with a square center surrounded by four flying geese or eight HST's (sorry don't recall its' name). The Hunter's Star has been around for a long time and there's nothing resembling a Log Cabin in its' construction. Uh-oh, I fear I may have crossed the line from a happy-go-lucky quilter to something akin to the quilt police. BTW, yours is definitely a Hunter's Star.

Last edited by Delilah; 09-27-2012 at 10:53 AM.