View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM
jarenie

Angry Help needed with a Bernina 440 machine

I am having a problem with the top thread. When I do chain piecing the top thread will break between the pieces every 5th to 6th piece and I have to stop and rethread the machine.
1. Took to Bernina dealer and they told me to just sew slower.
2. Went to the Bernina website and stated my problem. They sent me information that the bobin casing is too close to the backing. Took this information to the dealer and he said that there was no way to get the bobin casing further away from the case.
3. Took the machine to a very reputable repair shop and showed them what Bernina had sent. He went through the machine and said that everything was working right. Sat right down and showed him that it is still doing the same thing.

I have worked on over 30 different machines and never had this problem. As long as there is material under the presser foot and the needle has something to sew through the thread does not brake.

I have changed the needle. Bought a new Bobbin case and even new bobins. Nothing has helped.
I have been sewing for over 60 years and I am about the through this machine out the window.

Please anyone have any more ideas.