Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM
J Miller

Well, today was a banner day for sewing machines, and accessories.

First I picked up a used simple cabinet that should fit a wide base Singer such as the 401 or similar. It will need some fixing and refinishing, but that's not a problem. I got lots of glue.

Second, I picked up a 15-91, allotment date of 12-29-36. It's complete but roughish, a wee bit of rust and the wiring is a disaster, but it turns freely, so it's a viable machine. I got it cheep so now I have a patient to do a potted motor rewire with. It's been rewired in the 50s with the horrid latex covered aluminum wire. Oh how I hate that crap! The bobbin case is an original Singer case with "Simanco" and the part number on the inside. Never seen one like that before. So this one will be a fun machine to play with.

Third, ..... I got me a 66-1, allotment date of 6-12-13, with the back clamp feet. It's a red eye of course and it's missing it's slide plate ... of course, but it's free and spins easily. So I'll have it sewing tonight .... well maybe tomorrow.
I've been looking for one of these to go with the set of back clamp attachments I got some time back from my LSMG.

Also got a good solid machine case for free. It was wrapped around the 66-1.

I'll have pics of all this later.

Joe