View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Bill'sBonBon

I bought some beautiful fleece at a yard sale last weekend. For $1.00,I got a large amount of fleece and the simplicty pattern for the poncho. She had already cut the poncho out and sewn it. The problem is she sewed it like you do regular material and had over 1 inch of seam allowance. Didn't know this until and hour ago when I decided to finish the poncho. The seam was very bulky,I read the pattern info. Thank God she had not used a tiny zigzag which the pattern info. recommends. I was able to pull it all out without any problem. The pattern info. recommends overlapping fleece which I am going to do. NOOOW here is the question...I have never used material glue like liquid stitch. The pattern info also said you could use material glue instead of stitching. I bought a tube of Liquid Stitch now will that do the job or is there some other special glue to use with fleece?
After I glue it can I sew it without any problem if I want to?? Being this is going to my Girly Girl GrtGrndDaughter Keyli' for Christmas I want it to look as perfect as I can get it. I can see her in this it will set her hair and eyes off. She will be 5 in DEC. I took 2 pictures so you can see. The poncho has a hood. The pattern also has the scotty dog pocket book. I have to find some black fleece or dye some white that I have for that.
Thanks Bunches ahead of time,I know I will get some good input from this board as always when I need the help.

BillsBonBon

I overlaped the seams and I think that looks so much neater.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52222[/ATTACH]

See how bulky the seam allowance is?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52258[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52222.jpe   attachment-52258.jpe