Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 AM
gardnergal970

QuiltE...the swap block is definitely going to be in my PC quilt. I'm actually planning to do a completely reversible quilt and will need the extra blocks. I didn't have a good selection of old fashioned prints when I started but my LQS has expanded their Civil War type fabrics about 4 times over and I've gotten a much better selection. When I look at my blocks on the design wall, the difference between modern and CW prints and colors is strikingly obvious so I'm planning to use JenniKy's QAYG method using the CW type prints more on one side and the modern prints on the other side. So, whatever I get in the exchange will have a home. I have about 4 more blocks to do. Since I got the new CW fabric I've been in a piecing binge. I'm itching to start sandwiching some of the blocks. I have the backing that goes with the modern side and will be looking for what to use in the CW side.
Dubib and QNS'S...how do you use the attic window as a setting? Do you use two different color fabrics? It sounds interesting.
QNS'S...I can't decide what to do but I don't doubt that yours will tell a story!

Last edited by gardnergal970; 09-28-2012 at 04:53 AM.