Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 AM
irishphoenix

Hi Skyangel..thanks for all your info, very useful about the different stabilizers and thread. I have to confess, I havent been online in the past two weeks -I took the plunge and bought the Janome 350e!!!!! I was so excited..my dealer knows very little about them and I spent a while telling him what buttons to push-well actually what I said was..'why dont you press that button on the screen and see what happens'!!
So I am so grateful for all your help. I think I decided on the Janome for a couple of reasons. There are not that many machines in my price range- the Viking Ruby and designer look beautiful but out of my pocket at present..I heard so many good reports on the 350e and also I could download the manual on their site. I wasnt able to find the manual for the Viking model that is a half sewing and half embroidery machine. The learning curve on the 350e was easier for me as I already have a Janome Horizon for quilting so it is kinda similar witht he threading. i did spend out a bit extra on the janome Digitizer Jr, just to get to grips with some basic digitizing..I am going to get the Embird at a later date when I have mastered the softare I have already.
So I was like a child with a new toy this last ten days, and then I discovered emblibrary as well and have made a few things to go on pillowcases and a couple of little Christmas items. it is such fun...I am thinking of adding a small embroidery design panel to a quilt I am doing at present, so I have to buy thread and my dealer doesnt stock a lot only a few lines in the 200m Gutenberg Sulky Rayon.
I had to buy thread online, so started with some Madeira Classic thread and some tear away and water soluble stabilizer as well as a few designs..now I see what that lady says about the cost spiralling lol. Oh dear

Last edited by irishphoenix; 09-28-2012 at 05:32 AM.