Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Happy Treadler

Originally Posted by humbird View Post
This is actually quite simple. I have made several of them for gifts etc. I used pre quilted fabirc. (of course you could quilt your own) I used 4 sandwich size ziplock baggies. Cut fabric to size for the bags. I made mine longer so I could do a pocket on each end. Use bias tape all around, place the baggies with opening away from center, over lapping a bit at the center. 2 going each direction. Sew down the center over the baggies. I use 2 rows of stitching about half inch apart. Put a piece of tissue paper over the plastic so the presser foot will slide over the plastic. Stitch ribbon to tie shut. Probably clear as mud! Don't have photos.

I do use this as a take along for hand work (Hexagon's)
It IS clear as mud, and I just may try it! If the Dollar Store has the thicker plastic pencil bags, I think I'll use those instead of the zip lock baggies only because they'd probably last longer. Maybe do little elastic thingys on the one end for small scissors & thread? Just think it would be nice to have something purty & useable for the bag that goes everywhere with me!