View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 AM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Originally Posted by callie8799 View Post
I do go out there, but I do the "stumble upon it" travel route, but there are quite a few quilt stores and the most popular one just slipped my mind - I 'll repost if I find/remember it.

however, Cabella's is near Kutztown- another strong amish/menonite & farming community - you may want to do a google search for quilt stores in near Kutztown (Cabella's is actually in Hamburg- another google search.). just read about someone purchasing fabric at "Wooden Bridge Dry Goods in Kutztown- in the link I tried to post below.

this is taken from a saved thread from this website from spring 2011- you may want to google this thread:" going on a lancaster PA Shop Hop Saturday". I have it saved as:
[URL="http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-115777-1.html"]

I would google these quilt shops- for they may not be around or too far from your itinerary

*Dutchland quilt patch on rt 30 [not too far away from Intercourse]-website: www.dutchlandquilts.com
*old country quilt store on rte 340- up the street from Zooks
* Quilt and Fabric shack

Wooden Bridge Drygoods Rocks. The only place I go to buy fabric. I love that it is in the middle of a farm, and yes, you do cross a wooden bridge to get to it! The owners and employees are teriffic. And then stop in town At the Kutztown tavern for lunch! A great micro brewery!