View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 12:07 PM
JoanneS

I don't 'punish' DH - don't have to. His former hobby was cars - lots of them. And cars are definitely not cheap to buy or to work on. He sold the Volvos - 7 of them - both regular cars and 3 sports cars - when he no longer wanted to work on them. Didn't make a profit, but didn't lose $$ either. He also sold both of the model As. Same $$ ending. So I don't worry about my hobby. I don't go nuts in fabric stores or on-line - but I do buy what I like, want or need. For the past couple of years, I've self-restricted myself to no-more-fabric unless I don't have ALL of what I need/want for the quilt I'm working on in my stash. Right now, I'm making a 2nd quilt for a friend with HER fabric. I should mention that I actually LIKE her fabric! And she's told me to do whatever I want to do. I posted the 1st quilt last summer. It's probably my fav quilt ever. Pretty arty. I've decided to make a more traditional one this time - and I haven't made a traditional quilt in YEARS. I'm stumped! So maybe it won't be traditional after all!