View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Elfi2

Originally Posted by oma66 View Post
I would love to teach my great granddaughters and great grandsons to sew and quilt, but the parents said NO to teaching the boys and the girls are not one bit interested. What fun it must be for you to teach him and it shows that he enjoys it. I keep bringing up Ricky Timms and his success as a designer and quilter, but my gradsons still are not convinced that it is okay to teach a boy to sew....go figure...
I think if they're just a little bit artistically minded, anything goes to further their knowledge of colours and shapes. I can also improve their dexterity to use hands and fingers, maybe for a future trade. MichelAngelo was a man and what about if they would have said then "noooo, painting pictures is not a job for boys" we wouldn't be able to admire his great paintings to this day..... One of our town councellors came up to me with his wife the other day, he was admiring the quilt we had displayed for the fundraiser for Africa and he was very interested in the work and told me when he retires he wants to go into quilting!!! How's that??? Keep trying, maybe you'll find some good arguments Good luck!!!