View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Roben

I finally got a chance to relax & get into my sewing room - for the first time since I went back to work & started teaching, so it's been a while (and boy, did I need that!) Hubby wanted a throw for winter, so I picked up these really cute panels and the background fabric - it went together so well and fast, I should have seen trouble coming :roll: :-)

I went in today and got the snowman print for the wide border around the whole thing, and can't get the corners to look good no matter how I try to do them. The print is just too busy, but I love it for the outside border anyway. My next brilliant idea ( :roll: ) was to put in cornerstones - yea, make a snowflake block for each corner. Sounds really cool - but do ya think I can find a snowflake block pattern??? I know I have at least one in the zillions of magazines here, but just no time to flip through them all trying to find one.

One of these days I really should catalog all these so I can find what I'm looking for. :oops:

Has anyone seen a snowflake block pattern, pieced or paper pieced, free or not, close to a 6" size? I've seen some appliques, but would rather have a pieced block so the throw isn't heavy at the corners. I know there must be some out there, but Google is not my friend today! Here's a picture of the throw so far:

Looks a little empty at the corners, doesn't it?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52269[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52269.jpe