Old 09-28-2012, 04:55 PM
irishrose

meanmom, what are your positives at work? Is there someone from another class you enjoy having lunch with? Is there no one who sees the teacher acting like that and will at least commiserate with you and not talk about it later? I went from being everyone's golden haired girl (red then, but you know what I mean) to having a principal and a teacher whose class I had to be for an hour a day who disliked me - the principal slightly and the teacher intensely. I could live with it because I had so many other friends on the staff and one or two I could blow off steam with. The principal moved, the teacher moved up away from the pre Ks and we all were happy. I used to go for an intense 20 minute walk at lunch, then eat quickly, plus I ate crunchy food after school - good for you for using almonds for your crunchy food. It takes a special person to teach Spec Ed. Apparently, she's not one. TGIF!!

My son came today to work on the roof, put bulbs in my kitchen lights and have his birthday lunch. I made him a crumb topped apple pie instead of a homemade German chocolate cake. He is a healthy eater and a GCC is overkill unless you are having a party and have a lot of help eating it. He agreed though we agreed that graduating to an apple pie makes him old because that's what his dad got when D was growing up.

Pam, when my neighborhood has their semi annual yard sales, I just put things out with a free sign. I can't sit out in the sun or run up and down the stairs, so it works for me. It's fun to watch how long things last -or what people will take. The longest ever was a patio table umbrella in need of repair, but disappeared. It may have gone faster at the Spring sale.

The pea soup story - when I very young after I was married, my mother had to go to Iowa because my grandfather was ill. My husband and I moved into the house to take care of my dad and the younger children. I had the bright idea to make split pea soup and dad worked second shift, so I needed it done quickly. I used the pressure cooker, the foam clogged the valve and blew it off spewing a thick green mess on my mother's freshly painted light blue kitchen. I ran out the door, my husband ran in to turn the burner off. He and my brother had to clean the ceiling because one of my heart defects is such that I can't work with my hands over my head. I do think they made me wash the walls, pregnant or not. I'm sure my hot headed, very clean mother found remnants of my misadventure for months. Later, when I had a pressure cooker, I made bean soup a lot. I think I did SP, too, because I had a bigger pressure cooker. I made some SP recently. It is so good this time of year. Now for some bean.

I am losing weigh and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 09-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.