Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 PM
meanmom

IN the classroom where I work there is another aide full time. I really like her but she is really good friends with the teacher. They have vacationed together, that is part of the problem. I could not talk to her. The other aide is only in there part of the day and she is nearly as miserable as me. From what I have been told going to the principal would be a mistake. My lunch time has been changed to 1:00PM so no one else is in there then. They have moved all of the teachers around this year mixing up 2 schools. We never get out of our room, I don't know most of them. (I don't even know their names) The kids in the room are a mess and that is stressful but they aren't what bothers me. I pretty much can't say a word in the room because anything I say is instantly shot down. They talk to each other at night and discuss school things so I never have a clue what is going on. There was a discussion the other day with the school psychiatrist about one of the kids. They had apparently discussed it on the phone. The list just goes on and on. 4 of the kids are in diapers and somehow it is my job to change them all. She acts like it takes me too long to do it. 2 of them are in wheel chairs so they have to be removed, shoulder straps, seatbelt, ankle straps etc which takes a lot of time. I do 3 of them while the other aid takes the other 4 kids to the restroom and washes hands and brushes teeth. I think that is pretty fast. I got a dirty look the other day because I think I took too long to pee.(maybe I need diapers too) I have a lot of sick days built up I think I will start to take them.