Thread: prewashing
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:34 PM
BillyTeeJohnFrancescasMom

I'm sorry, I didn't finish. I was actually folding up tons of new fabric I had just gotten-just came out of the dryer. Last night I was working on my boys John Deere rag/embellissed quilts (which by the way if I see that fabric any more I'm going to puke). Went and got the red fabric I needed for the tractor, I was all ready to fuse on the tractor in the middle, had everything cut out ready to go, and darn it :shock: I had forgot to pre wash the new fabric. I had to stop. Not just b/c the fabric was red but Heat Bond requires your fabric to be washed first :evil:
Any Who... Go to the grocery store in the detergant isle and buy 'SHOUT' color catcher sheets. They are AWESOME. I just washed (in cold water) easter colors(pastels) with some more new red and actually 2 black fat Q's and like magic sure enough that fabric sheet caught all the colors that run.
I have 4 kids 5 and under it's hard enough to quilt without interferance, I can't worry about colors bleeding in the wash. I will not let my husband do the wash, he ruins everything; I'm obsessed with laundry and my children cannot leave the house without looking imacculate. SAME FOR MY QUILTS :!: