Old 10-10-2009, 05:08 PM
LucyInTheSky

Okay, so I was quilting on my machine. It said it needed oil, and I wanted to finish the quilting I was doing (all I had left was the top border). So I kept going and the thread broke. I grumbled and rethreaded it, and did the thing where I bring the bobbin thread to the top. Except it wasn't working right, I would pull it up and get like 4 strings of top thread. So I rethreaded again, same problem. I gave in and and took my quilt off and oiled the machine.

After I oiled, I always run through white thread on white fabric to make sure it doesn't turn oil color. I was doing that, and the bottom thread came out fine. But the top thread was grey. I figured I had either put grey thread in (nope, white) or was crazy (pretty sure that's not true). I tried a new piece, and sure enough, the top white thread comes out with a noticeable grey color. I've never seen that happen with the TOP thread. My machine's due for its annual checkup, I was just putting it off since the shop that does it closed so I have to take it about an hour away.

Any idea on what is going on with my machine??? (Bernina 430 if that's relevant)