View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:13 AM
oleganny

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I make items for myself. I enjoy shopping for the supplies and creating something. I won't give a quilt away that I spent months making. I save those for my beds or to display in my quilt racks. I give away the fast block quilts and baby quilts. The fast quilts I have no emotional ties to and couldn't care less if they are used or tossed aside. I haven't given up cleaning or having pretty flower beds yet but I have given up day time tv.
I am just the opposite. I enjoy every minute of the planning, purchasing, & making with the intended receipient in mind & I try to make something unique. That being said, I also put the time & effort into things I make for myself - but those things also usually end up being given away. I am knitting now on the 3rd "blanket" for my bed - the first 2 being given away - one to a great granddaughter who loved it & one to my son-in-law, he wanted me to make him an afghan because the one he had was scratchy. I just gave that one to him. I'm hoping I get to keep the one I'm working on now - lol.

DD & I are getting ready to put a "winter" quilt on the frames - since we hand quilt, our output is not as great as those who machine quilt, but we enjoy just being able to sit down & quilt for a few minutes between "chores". This top is a log cabin made probably 5-6 years ago - lol. We usually quilt 2 quilts each winter.

hugs
Shirley in Indiana