View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

I quilt and knit and whatever because it gives me such pleasure. I have a very loving DH, 3 dogs and 1 cat who give me pleasure too. But whenever I spy fabric, my mind starts thinking about what I could make from it. Certain colors call out to me and I am excited as a 3 year old with a new toy. I especially like quilts with color and have a lot of white in them, I enjoy seeing them on my bed. I buy vintage quilts, vintage quilt tops and vintage quilt blocks. I repair and clean them and I love them. I change my quilt on my bed each week so I can see them. For the first time in my aging life, I do something entirely for me. I only make quilts that I love, if I choose to give them away, that's OK, but I made what I love. I do not sew anything for others, did that once and it turned out to be a disaster. Lesson learned. I do make quilts as gifts but they are always my pattern and my fabrics. This is my hobby and I love it. I am in bliss when I sew a quilt, God has blessed me with this wonderful gift of quilting.