Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 AM
EmiliasNana

Default Finished just in time for the baby shower tomorrow!

Our DDIL is due with our oldest son's (age 38) first child the end of October. We are all so excited. Friends are having a shower for her tomorrow and I was able to finally complete all the handmade items I had planned to give them : ) [ATTACH=CONFIG]366250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]366251[/ATTACH] This quilt is for the floor, to be used as a play quilt. It was a panel (not square of course) so I cut it up, sashed the blocks in black, cut them wonky and sashed them again in yellow. My granddaughter (age 3 1/2) was helping me arrange (rearrange, ha, ha) the squares, so I put hers on the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]366253[/ATTACH]The second quilt is for the crib. They do not want to know the sex of the baby ahead of time so I went with a safe blue, green and yellow. The pattern is a free pattern called Pretty in Pastels from quilting.about.com. I rearranged their colors a bit to use the fabrics I had purchased. My DH is making them an oak crib and it is in the final stages of varnishing. So.........we are ready LOL.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366254[/ATTACH]The third isn't a quilt but it sure took much longer to do, sigh. It is a knit baby afghan. The pattern is from The Baby Knits Book by Debbie Bliss. I had to lay it on a piece of green flannel so you could see the alphabet design. I give them handmade gifts occasionally and started sealing the tissue paper with a little sticker that says, "Nana's Boutique", so they know it was especially made for them. She seems excited to open them so I hope they like these items as well. Hope you enjoy too.
Attached Thumbnails j-cs-baby-quilt-front.jpg   j-cs-baby-quilt-back.jpg   completed-crib-quilt.jpg   crib-quilt-fmq.jpg   alphabet-knit-baby-afghan.jpg