View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 AM
DogHouseMom

Default Baby quilt - on it's way to UK today

Just finished last night and laundered this morning. Husband is flying to England in a few hours to deliver to daughter Laura for her first baby - our second grandchild (due to arrive Sunday). We know he's a boy, so far his name will be Joshua but hubby is predicting that when Laura goes into labor she will change it to Sonofa .......

Pattern is from this blog. http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransso...ice-quilt.html

I started a baby quilt for Laura's baby back in the spring when she was out for a visit. The quilt is my own design with a lot of applique, and it's kind of "design as I go" - seeing what I want and need as the quilt develops. I figured out a few weeks ago that I would not finish it in time so I decided to make a quickie quilt for hubby to bring with him, I'll finish the applique quilt and bring it when we both go over for Christmas (Christmas in England is AWESOME!). Another board member had posted a link to this pattern and I knew immediately that I had to make it for the "Spud" (so named because the first ultrasound Laura said he looked like a potato).

The green blocks I quilted loop-de-loops and in the white blocks I mimicked the crazy-nine-patch pattern of the green blocks. Used Aurifil 50wt white thread for all and Warm and White cotton batting. The binding has all of the green fabrics used.

As you can see ... it is quilt tester approved.
Attached Thumbnails label-resized.jpg   front-resized.jpg   back-resized.jpg   tester-approved.jpg