Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 AM
irishrose

Start taking Fridays off. The long weekend will be relaxing and maybe she'll appreciate you more after having to train a variety of subs. I wouldn't take any days off, but I was in a different situation than you. I did pull out reading and math remediation of regular ed students. If I didn't teach my students to read their lives would be drastically altered and so many only needed to be taught in a different modality than a classroom can offer. I have at least two doctors and several teachers among my former students, which is a nice feeling. My near failure - severely dyslectic - is a long distance truck driver. He says he may never read a novel, but because of me, he can read road signs, directions from his company and do his log ins correctly. I subbed in all assistant capacities for 7 years after I retired. That was an experience.

All my apple peeling this week has caused a RA flare in my left hand. Ouchie! I have 3 more pies I want to make, but I can space them out. Why do men prefer pie over other desserts?

Lazy day today. I will clean the house a bit and sew on the bazaar quilt a bit. I should be further than I am on that. D left tar on the white carpet under his chair, so that's the first thing on my list.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I'm not in the running. I'll be thrilled if I've lost the 8 pounds the antibiotics put on me. Who is September's winner??? Not me, but I don't ever expect to be.

I have leftover pork for dinner. D wanted goulash for lunch but I can't eat it so I cooked a pork recipe I like - he had both. Pork, salsa, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup, extra cumin in the crockpot. When it's tender, you stir in a can of refried beans (I used seasoned). Yesterday I just had it with salad, but tonight I may put it on some rice. While I have the rice out, I need to make a new rice bag for my neck. Lily ate my old one. Moira destroys nothing and Lily very little, but the toasted rice must have smelled good and she is a dog, after all. Siberians seem to have a perchant for such things.

Cindy, have a lovely time this evening.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.